Background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sick, Blech

Why is it when nurses get sick we're the worst patients?

Thursday night I felt a little sick to my stomach when I went to bed. I wrote it off as just being tired or whatever felt fine in the morning.

Friday night I went out to a date. Met CIB there. Watched "The Social Network" (which was rather good and I was highly amused that I understood all of the code talk that they had on the show, can you say *DORK*) towards the end of the show I was feeling a bit sick again but wrote it off as not having eaten dinner yet.

Since CIB took the bus there (erm he went straight from work then went to the gym then came over to the theater which is in the mall there so he didn't drive there), I drove us to a red lobster down the road. I had a very nice Salmon. CIB went for the lobster ($31 for a lobster 1 1/4lbs OUCH!!!!! just saying! Last lobster in a restaurant I had was in Nova Scotia and was $10 for about 2lbs, but I digress), I had to teach the boy how to eat the darn thing!! They lobster was only 2 days old, which for living so far from the ocean is very impressive. You could tell the lobster was fresh as it still had tons of meat in the fins of the tail and in the body.

Anyway after dinner it was like 11. CIB just wanted me to drop him off at the mall and he would catch another bus home. I told him not to be silly and I drove him back to his place. He lives in Farshore which is about 20 minutes from my place.. in no traffic/light traffic.

Anyway I stopped at his apartment complex and dropped him off. We talked/whatever in the car for a bit. While we were sitting there I just kept feeling sicker and sicker. I was almost glad by the time he left because if he got out a minute later I would have puked on his shoes.

There is nothing I hate more in the world than throwing up. I made it home before I did. Then spent the next 12 hours or so doing just that. Then the high fever hit. that lasted +24 hrs. Now I'm feeling a bit better/ Very yucky though. Not working tomorrow (just by fluke I only have 1 client tomorrow who is fussy and won't see anyone but me so he cancelled as I can't go) thankfully. Once the nausa goes away i'm going to try and sleep again.

I'll catch up on blog posts tomorrow and hopfully post about my adventures with FOG as well...

xx
C.

1 comment: